Safe Digging Month Toolkit
Safe Digging Month runs April 1 through April 30. There's radio, outdoor billboards and online campaigns! But you can make the most of the month too. And you'll be helping us get a life-saving message out: 811 before you dig. We've made it kinda simple with a downloadable toolkit, banners and an online game.
Toolkit Elements - DOWNLOAD
- Social media messages
- The 811 Process infographic
- Safe Digging Month web button (remember to link it to http://sunshine811.com/safe-digging-month-1)
- Safe Digging Month proclamation template (So cities and counties can officially make the proclamation! Reach out to your mayors and county commissioners.)
- Op-ed story
- Generic news release
Vinyl banners, 4 ft by 8 ft and 2 ft x 4 ft, are perfect to hang at the ball field, construction site, business or anywhere there's people. You can order banners from our online store.
"Can You Dig It?"
The interactive game where you dig virtual holes to uncover fabulous prizes or buried utilities while learning about 811. Answer questions for more digs. Game opens April 1 at safedigging.me.
- Post photos of you, your company, your family 811ing on our Facebook wall. You could be wearing 811 t-shirts, digging a hole, or create your own 811 message. We'll be sure to thank you!
- Follow us on social media and share our posts.
- Post info in your company's newsletter or send out on its intranet, social media and email system.
National Safe Digging Month is formally recognized by the U.S. House of Representatives and Senate, and has traditionally earned the support from governors across the country.