If you've worked with a locator who's impressed you, nominate him or her for the Locator Excellence award.
What's impressive? The locator following up with you to make sure the marks were still intact, making special arrangements for long projects, alerting you to a safety hazard with your facility, or contacting you to ensure your facilities were protected properly when another member's marks seemed to shadow yours.
- Excavators and members may nominate one or more locate technicians.
- Entries must be submitted by midnight, APRIL 27, 2018.
- Supervisors will be contacted by email to confirm the technician's record.
- A selection committee will review all nominees and select two public and two private locate technicians.
Locate technician must be employed by a Sunshine 811 member, a member's contract locator, or an associate member, and meet the following criteria:
- Minimum 3 years locating experience in Florida.
- Zero at-fault damages for 90 days before the nomination.
- Zero safety violations for 90 days before the nomination.
- Completed 250 or more site locations in the last two years that prevented underground utility damage.
- Established proactive working relationships in damage prevention.
Eligibility criteria will be verified by locate technician's supervisor.
Questions about the nomination process? Email Brad Martin, North Florida Damage Prevention Liaison or call (386) 575-2035.