The Locator Excellence Award is about relationships. It's about good stories. And we want to know what a locator did that impressed you enough to nominate him or her for this award.
It could have been going above and beyond to get your site located or making special arrangements for long projects. Maybe going above and beyond meant alerting you to a safety hazard with your line or contacting you to ensure your lines were protected properly when another member's marks seemed to shadow yours.
Whatever your story and as long as the locator isn't your employee, share your story and send in a nomination for the Locate Excellence Award.
- Excavators and members may nominate one or more locate technicians using the Locator Nomination Form.
- Entries must be submitted by midnight, APRIL 27, 2018.
- Supervisors will be contacted by email to confirm the technician's record.
- A selection committee will review all nominees and select two public and and two private locate technicians.
- 811 rain slicker
- Bragging rights with shareable social media and blog posts. All winners featured in appropriate industry publications.
Locate technician must be employed by a Sunshine 811 member or its contract locator, or an associate member, and meet the following criteria:
- Minimum 3 years locating experience in Florida.
- Zero at-fault damages for 90 days before the nomination.
- Zero safety violations for 90 days before the nomination.
- Completed 250 or more site locations in the last two years that prevented underground utility damage.
- Established proactive working relationships in damage prevention.
Eligibility criteria will be verified by locate technician's supervisor.
Questions about the nomination process? Email Brad Martin, North Florida Damage Prevention Liaison or call (386) 575-2035.