This April marks the ninth annual National Safe Digging Month (NSDM). It's when Sunshine 811 reminds Florida residents to always call 811 two full business days before any digging project.
Please help us make "call 811 before you dig" a household mantra in Florida. Everyone needs to hear it - including DIYers - so they have buried utility lines marked before starting any project that involves digging.
What can you do with the toolkit?
- Use the "Can You Dig It?" game to get people interested. We're giving away lots of prizes!
- Reach out to your mayors and county commissioners to issue a Safe Digging Month proclamation.
- Use social media to remind your family, friends and customers to call 811 before.
- Follow us on social media and share our posts.
- Run a story in your HOA's newsletter.
- Hang a banner at the ball field, construction site, business, picnic, anywhere there's people. This year we have three designs available for free. Order here.
- Use your company’s internal communication channels such as newsletters, intranet posts, social media and email blasts.
Download our Safe Digging Month toolkit to get started with any of these ideas. Or, come up with your own idea and post it to our Face book page.
National Safe Digging Month is formally recognized by the U.S. House of Representatives and Senate, and has traditionally earned the support from governors across the country. Florida's governor has endorsed NSDM for nine years by issuing a proclamation.
Put this button on your website. Here's the code:
<a href="http://www.sunshine811.com/news/2016/3/8/safe-digging-month"><img src=" https://static1.squarespace.com/static/533db0bde4b0d9f7ba7f1ee7/t/56e0501fc2ea515606019bb3/1457541171006/?format=300w"></a>