Sunshine 811 selected four locate technicians from an impressive slate of candidates to receive the Locate Technician Excellence Award.
- David McClymonds, City of Largo, nominated by Cole Twehous, Garney Construction,
- Karen Vaughan, Pinellas County Utilities nominated by Steve Allen from Pinellas County Utilities
- Troy Forte, USIC nominated by Mark Calloway from the City of Naples
- Ruben Adrianza, High Tech Engineering, Inc. nominated by Nelson Rodriguez from Guaranteed Fence Corp
They will accept their awards at the Awards Luncheon held at the April 7 Safe Digging Forum in Ocala.
Here is just a sampling of the kudos given to our slate of locate technicians:
- He has helped us develop perimeters to clearly define locate limits because the work area was oddly shaped and covered over 5 miles. He also was available after hours to meet our foremen and superintendents so he could explain his role in our success. He constantly checked up on our progress when he did not hear from us.
- Often times, the locates are difficult to find and he makes every effort to find them. If he can't, he calls us to get better information.
- She is one of our best locators in an emergency and has become an integral part of our rapid response personnel. She always makes time – even while completing her regular locates – to meet with excavators who need clarification on utility locates or have questions about their projects that require on site meetings.
- He is always in contact to make sure the paint/markings are fresh. He has no problem coming by to refresh the paint for my crews.
- He always contacts us with concerns on our jobs and goes beyond the expectations to answer questions about his locating. He always answers his phone - after hours and on weekends.