Locator Excellence Award
ENTRY DEADLINE FEBRUARY 10, 2017
Nominations are now being accepted for the Locator Excellence Award!
It's your chance to recognize locators who have done an excellent job for you. Perhaps a locator went above and beyond to get your site located, made special arrangements to be available during long projects, or was meticulous at the job. When working for a utility, maybe the locator contacted you because another utility's marks seemed to shadow yours and he/she wanted to ensure that your lines were protected properly. Or perhaps a locator found a safety hazard involving your line and wanted to alert you. See some of last year's comments and winners.
Note: Nominations must come from an excavator or member utility company that a locator has worked with, not from the locator's company. The intent of this program is to honor the great work locators have done in the field for their customers.
- Excavators and utility members may nominate one or more locators using the Nominate a Locator button below.
- Entry deadline is midnight February 10, 2017.
- We'll contact supervisors by email to confirm the locator's eligibility.
- 811 Rain Slicker
- Award Plaque
- Entrance for you and one guest to the 811 10th Anniversary Celebration - a once in a lifetime event the evening of March 15 at the Rosen Shingle Creek Hotel in Orlando
- Bragging rights with shareable social media and blog posts
- All winners featured in appropriate industry publications
Winning locators and those who nominate them are invited to attend the Sunshine 811 Safety Day Locator Excellence Award presentation March 16, 2017, at the Rosen Shingle and participate in Safety Day. Doors open for Safety Day at 7:30 a.m. Nominators and one guest are also invited to attend the 811 10th Anniversary Celebration the evening of March 15 at the Rosen Shingle.
Locators must meet the criteria below. Supervisors will be contacted to verify eligibility.
- Employed by a Sunshine 811 member or its contract locator, or an associate member
- Minimum 3 years locating experience in Florida
- Zero at-fault damages for 90 days before the nomination
- Zero safety violations for 90 days before the nomination
- Completed 250 or more site locations in the last two years that prevented underground utility damage
- Established proactive working relationships in damage prevention
Questions? Email Brad Martin, North Florida Liaison or call (386) 575-2035.
THE LEGAL STUFF Sunshine 811 will reimburse each winner and the person who nominated him/her up to $700 for travel costs including one night's stay at the Rosen Shingle Creek on March 15, 2017. All costs are reimbursable per Sunshine 811's Travel Reimbursement policy. All travelers will be provided a Sunshine 811 travel expense reimbursement form. Winners and their nominators are required to sign liability and photo release forms.